Search This Blog

Friday 17 August 2012

SNAKE!!!!

A couple of weeks ago our neighbour spotted a snake in the field at the bottom of our garden, close to our fence.
When we moved to the country I didn't even consider things like snakes. Whilst we encourage wildlife in the garden, we have 2 small children and snakes are not exactly welcome. So when I lifted the lid of our metal burning bin and saw a small pale snake slither from the top, through the dried weeds and sticks and dissapear to the depths of the bin, I was a tad concerened!
I have had a look on Google images and satisfied myself that it was a smooth snake and not an adder which is what my neighbour believes she saw. Still, we have had the talk about not touching or poking a snake if we see one in the garden. This rather went out the window when we visited a family fun day where the children were encouraged to stroke a python.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment