Search This Blog

Wednesday 15 August 2012

4 New girls at our house!

Well would you believe it, we had a GIRL!!!! Chicken child had insisted all the way through my pregnancy that he was to have a sister, so I'm pleased he wasn't dissapointed!

Despite being a mummy who does not like to conform to the gender/colour stereotype our house has been filled with pink! I don't know quite how it happened but I can now easily run a pink-only wash. 
 And here she is, my beautiful smiley girl! 10 weeks old tomorrow and sporting a dribble bib made by mummy.

Our other new girls are our hens Mildred, Betty and Ethel they joined the flock on Friday and are settling in well. Mildred is an escape artist and has made frequent appearances around the garden. She is a brown leghorn and we were warned they are skittish, she constantly jumps out through the picket fence. I've fixed some chicken wire to the back, fingers crossed this has worked!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! (Possibly again, I've not been on BC for ages!)

    Oh, and the pink sort of multiplies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't go on anymore, I was a bit hooked for a while so went cold turkey!
      How are you and your family?

      Delete