Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Activities For a Rainy Day

We've been blessed with glorious sunshine the last 2 days, the kind of weather that makes me spring out of bed with a smile on my face. But this morning I awoke to the wind howling down the chimney and rain battering the window. I reached for my phone and checked the time, then lay in bed feeling my baby wriggling and kicking, willing myself to get up.
I trudged around feeling like a slug, this morning passed ever so slowly we did some painting  and made some playdough, which turned out remarkably well! I have used this recipe once before and failed miserably as I didn't have the strength or the patience to kepp stirring the thick gloop. It ended in a sticky mess which went in the bin.

Play Dough
250g (8 1/2 oz) plain flour
500 ml (17 fl oz) water
140g (5 oz) salt
1  tbsp cream of tartar
1 tbsp sunflower oil
food colouring

Weigh out the flour
Mix with water in a heavy based saucepan
It will look very runny and you won't believe that it will make a dough
Have patience!

This is when the hard work begins!
Once it's cooled, make a ball and squash it flat.
Add food colouring paste (we only had black in)
Knead until you have an even colour
The end result!
Chicken Child loves his new dough

No comments:

Post a Comment